Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #64745 |

Welcome to the team! We will meet at the Avalon trailhead at 0700 and start hiking NLT than 0730. This will give us a few minutes to do a quick meet and greet and to distribute the flagpole sections.

Our route will be Avalon Trail to A-Z Trail. At the Mt Tom spur trail, for those who want, we will have an hour to drop packs and hit the Mt Tom summit. Afterwards, we will continue on and take the Willey Range Trail to Mt Field.

The flag will fly from 1200-1400. During this time, I always like to reflect on where we were and what we were doing on 9/11. For those that want, this time can also be spent making the trek over to Mt Willey.

Once the flag is lowered and we break down the pole, our route down will be the Avalon Trail all the way.

A little background on me: This is my seventh time participating in Fot48 and this is my third time as an official peak coordinator. I have a well tested, lightweight 24’ flagpole that breaks down into 6 sections that has been used on four of my previous Fot48 hikes. I am an avid hiker throughout all of New England and very much looking forward to meeting everyone.

-Josh

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.