Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #48244 |

Well the hike up to the summit was more like a slog….Trail was very wet & muddy….We took Carter-Moriah trail up….Just before & after Mt Surprise we had views of Gorham & could almost see sun & we were hopeful….But when we made the summit is was cold & windy & we saw sun for about 5 seconds & that was it ….We were socked in the rest of the time…We meet up with our organizer Darwin & started to put up the flag….We were informed that he had lost his wedding ring….We told everyone on the summit to search on way down…A family with 2 sons & a daughter told us their son was a treasure hunter & he’d find it….Well wouldn’t you know we found out after getting down that Shawn’s ring was found

we had the flag up a little after noon till about 1:30 .We heard a helicopter but never saw it…Wondering if we was up today..

I saw a photo from Wildcat D & they had nice blue skies…Boy just a few mile north it was alot different 😥 …All in All I had a great time
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1266242_216436998522458_1799587747_o.jpg

kathy

I was chatting with a co-worker this morning and heard this story from her – first hand. She was the one who found the ring (and also told of the interesting car situation in the parking lot). Small world

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘2013 Trip Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.