Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Sherpa Tom
    Participant
    Post count: 32
    #48476 |

    Our team had every intention of trekking to Monroe until we realized the front had stalled and the heavy rain, lightning and thunder passed the area by 11 a.m. At that point, we had been in contact with fellow hikers up at Lakes of the Clouds who assisted in a brief Monroe assault. Thanks to John Montgomery and the croo team of Lakes. We raised our flag at the Ammo trailhead, even had to advise the Park Ranger of our intentions. The weather was mild below which was a total opposite of what was going on at the ridge. Although we were disappointed, we knew a summit bid up the Ammo would have difficult and unsafe for our entire, therefore we decided to keep the team together. Having support above made us feel a whole lot better.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.