Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Stephen
    Participant
    Post count: 759
    #46855 |

    Hey all. Here is the summary of what we discussed:

    Flyers
    Stephen (& wife) will design flyers. Will also design business card size handouts, which can be placed in an envelope affixed to the poster. Design will be passed to MichaelJ to implement.

    “Reserved” peaks
    Washington, Cannon and Wildcat D will be reserved for special parties that require the accessability options. MtnMagic will follow up with special party to see if he would be interested in covering Cannon. others will follow up with veterans groups.

    Information Packets
    Information packets will be created. Stephen will add mailing address to registration form. Info packets will be sent to primary contacts. Electronic version will be made available. SilentCal will help coordinate effort.

    Post-Event Party
    Not many places in the area seem large enough. Moosland was crowded, and larger group expected this year. Woodstock was over crowded, and group was segmented. Greg will follow up with ski resort contacts to see if one would be willing to host us.

    On-Call Team
    Idea is tabled… no one is interested.

    Patches
    We’d like to do them again. Possibly get a run of patches printed prior to the event, for handout at the post event gathering. We need info from Frodo on cost, printer, etc.

    Q&A
    Needs to be updated. Add “I’m not a hiker, how can I participate?” Possibilities include flag donation or PR.

    E-mail
    A one-time e-mail will be sent to previous participants, inviting them to a) participate this year and b) sign-up for future updates. Stephen will look into setting up a FOT48 listserv.

    Site Redesign
    Generally favorable. Info in Event history needs updating. Q&A needs updating. Site separation is good… may lead to better participation.

    If I’ve missed anything, please add it in, folks!

    -Stephen

    mmChris
    Keymaster
    Post count: 880

    My apologies to all, I had intended to make it to the meeting, but a sick 13 month old AND wife prevented me from leaving at the last minute.

    Greg
    Post count: 397

    @Stephen wrote:

    Post-Event Party
    Not many places in the area seem large enough. Moosland was crowded, and larger group expected this year. Woodstock was over crowded, and group was segmented. Greg will follow up with ski resort contacts to see if one would be willing to host us.

    How many attendees should we expect? 50? 100? I would like to have a rough number to present to some of the ski area reps. Also, what’s needed here? Sit-down service? Bar? Or just a hall where we could BYOB and food?

    I will contact Bretton Woods, Attitash, Cannon, and Loon. I think we agreed Wildcat is too remote. Thoughts?

    @coberg wrote:

    My apologies to all, I had intended to make it to the meeting, but a sick 13 month old AND wife prevented me from leaving at the last minute.

    No apologies needed. My daughter was sick with an intestinal virus (needed an IV for rehydration) during last year’s event and I missed it.

    MichaelJ
    Participant
    Post count: 839

    I would guess between 50 and 100, based on an optimum of 48 peaks x 1+ hikers per peak.

    I think we want food service – everyone will be post-hike hungry. Unless someone knew someone who was a caterer (and of course we’re not asking for free food, we’d all pay) and could set up food and bar in an empty hall for us. But that’s even more complicated to plan than a restaurant.

    SilentCal
    Moderator
    Post count: 1285

    The estimate of 50 to 100 sounds good. People at the Mooseland tended to drift in at different times and some stayed and chatted for awhile while others had a ways to drive home and left early. The group photo shows nearly 30 people but I can think of several people that were not included that showed up. I thought the Mooseland was not that bad as it had a bar that people could sit at and tables for those who wanted to eat. If we were to all link up there again we would certainly have to give them advance notice of the throng they may have this year.

    Overall I think we covered quite a bit. We have some new blood injected this year and our goal of full coverage looks so much more promising! It was a pleasure camping and hiking with MtnMagic, Ghostdog, Greg, Stephen, MichealJ, Pepsi,Tim and Vicki, Tagalong and Sonicboom. Also swinging by were Little Bear, MilesMountain, and Escendo.

    MichaelJ
    Participant
    Post count: 839

    Agreed – it was an awesome weekend, not only for Flags planning but as a general get-together! “Fun” weather, an incredible Hancocks hike, and Magic’s touch with the fire – whee!

    Now if only I could get the smoke smell out of my tent fly…

    Greg
    Post count: 397

    @MichaelJ wrote:

    Now if only I could get the smoke smell out of my tent fly…

    Better than the outhouse smell… 😉

    Jaytrek57
    Participant
    Post count: 263

    Sounds like the Planning meeting was a success.

    I would say that the Mooseland is adequate for our needs until proven otherwise. I was one of the late arrivals but do remember there being plenty of space. The more the merrier and if people have to stand to eat/drink (apps) I don’t see a problem. That backroom is pretty big. I would say 40-60 is a more reasonable estimate based on last years numbers. If the post-event gathering becomes bigger than I think we can revisit locations.

    Better to have a proven, trusted site then some large hall with an unknown number set to come…makes it less inviting.

    Wherever we go… the beer will be just as rewarding. Just my nickel. 😀

    escendo
    Post count: 11

    Just wanted to mention it was nice to meet y’all on Saturday (for those who recall milesmountain and I showing up after our Isolation hike). I imagine you guys had a tremendous trek up the Hancocks on Sunday; would have liked to be there…. Please keep up us in mind for volunteer work regarding this year’s event; we’d be more than happy to contribute to the cause. Take care and we’ll see you at the party – if not before.

    :flag:

    SilentCal
    Moderator
    Post count: 1285

    Sorry about the outhouse smell, It was nowhere near that bad when Magic and I got there on Friday morning :blink:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Meeting Summary’ is closed to new replies.