Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #64221 |

The plan is to meet at the Daniel Webster Scout Trailhead which is located at the far end of Dolly Copp Campground. If there is an attendant there, just tell them that you are day hiking from the DWS parking lot and you won’t have to pay the 5$ campground parking fee. You will need a WMNF parking pass or pay the 3$ day fee. It is also a convenient place to camp if you prefer that option.

Lets meet at 7:30am and plan on hitting the trail at 7:45. I have a very large flag, pole, guy lines, and all of the other items needed to fly the flag. I just need a few people to help carry some of these items and to help hoist the flag (which can be difficult when windy).

The hike is 8 miles round trip with 4100 vertical feet of elevation gain. It is a very rugged, rocky hike with lots of above treeline exposure, so please be prepared.

All we need is good weather and a little wind, but not too much! 🙂

If there are any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Frodo

Update: I tried sending the Madison Team a group email thru the signup page, but apparently it didn’t work so I will just post it here.

The weather is looking fantastic! We are going to have excellent views and will probably see several other group’s flag. It will be chilly on the summit though, so please be prepared.

It is hard to believe that today is the 19th anniversary. We will do our part tomorrow…

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Robert

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.