Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
      #47644 |

I’m tired of all this “trail hiking” stuff. We’re just going straight up.
      🙂

New Hampshire

Thats the spirit Chris! Bushwhacking is fun!!!!!!!! 😆

Brian

Z-man

I have a GPS we can use to make our own path! 😮

Looking forward to it fellas! :flag:

TrekMan

Straight up which side??
            😆

Z-man

:flag:
              So, from what I can tell, there arent all that many options for getting to Lincoln, and if we do the big loop, we can “bag” 3 peaks that day.

Here’s my thought, we do an out and back – (South-East)Bridle Trail –> (South, then East)Falling Water Trail –> (North)Franconia Ridge Trail(AT).

It’s 2.82 miles(approx) one way. It has about 3200′ of elevation gain. Here’s a snap shot of the one way with elevation profile.

Any thoughts, or comments?

Chris

Dome and I did this same hike in January last year, but never made it to Lincoln. The wind was so strong across the ridge that we turned back rather than risk hypothermia. Let’s see what the other people hiking think…

Z-man

Are there other options? aside from taking bridle trail and approaching from the north heading south to Lincoln? Topo doesn’t have any other trail to Lincoln other then the Franconia Ridge trail (AT).

Chris

The only other option is the Bridle Trail. Or going straight up, like I originally suggested.
                    🙂

Z-man

I do kinda like your straight up method 😆

Chris

Let’s touch base at the KOA and make a decision. Either will probably work. Getting psyched even though several people have backed out…

Z-man

Sounds good man. I have been a lazy bum sine my trip out west, so my suggestion is the quicker and shorter the better 😀

Scott, Lou and I will be up Friday evening, and staying at a place in Lincoln.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • The forum ‘2008 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.