Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #65665 |

The plan is to meet at 8am at the Whitehouse Trailhead which is located just a quarter mile past the Flume Gorge visitor parking lot. We plan on starting at 8:15 and will take this trail to the Liberty Springs Trail to the summit and back.

I have a very large flag, pole, guy lines, and all of the other items needed to fly the flag. I just need a few people to help carry some of these items and to help hoist the flag (which can be difficult when windy).

All we need is good weather and a little wind, but not too much! 🙂

If there are any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

SilentCal

Hi, I’m also on Liberty. We have some slower hikers in my group and I believe we will stagger start everyone. One group will leave at 7:00. Another group leave at 7:30 and the rest will join Frodo’s group. If the weather is agreeable, I plan to also bring a flagpole and flag. I think there are a few spots on the south side of the summit I can use. My group has about 10 persons and nearly all have done the event with me before. I’m really looking forward to doing this.

Clear skies and steady breezes!

PS. The Flume team will be leaving this same lot around 7:30 pm. So if you are tagging along, please make sure you are with the correct group!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by SilentCal.
        sdways01

I am part of Jim’s normal group and will be joining one of his staggered groups on the way up. I didn’t get signed up before the peak was full, but will be there to help out whomever needs it.

mteicholz

OG Frodo – Roger that; you have a contingent coming up from CT day of. See you soon

Kave

I won’t be joining everyone after all. I got covid last week and today was my first day back to work, I couldn’t even work a full day. I can’t imagine my energy levels etc getting back in the next 2 weeks for this hike. I am bummed beyond belief but I hope you all have an amazing day meeting new friends and flying the flag in remembrance. Have a safe hike!!

phagan_55

My son and I will be coming up from CT. Planning on getting to the trailhead around 7 – 7:15.

That’ll let us stagger start, and should give us some extra time. My son is 11, and the second half of Liberty Springs will be his toughest climb yet. And I’m not exactly fast, so the extra time will help.

Happy to help hoist the rig at the summit. I also will have my flag that’s flown on multiple other peaks — doesn’t need to go up a pole or anything, a group shot holding it up would be great. I just like the continuity of it being on each peak I’ve done.

I’ll be a bearded dude in a battered Cabelas cap with a young kid in a grey cap. If we can find our small flags, we’ll attach em to our packs, always mean to do that.

Hoping for great weather. Feel free to reach out via email for any reason — phagan55@gmail.com

Thanks,
                Padraic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.