Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #64744 |

The plan is to meet at 8am at the Whitehouse Trailhead which is located just a quarter mile past the Flume Gorge visitor parking lot. We plan on starting at 8:15 and will take this trail to the Liberty Springs Trail to the summit and back.

I have a very large flag, pole, guy lines, and all of the other items needed to fly the flag. I just need a few people to help carry some of these items and to help hoist the flag (which can be difficult when windy).

All we need is good weather and a little wind, but not too much! 🙂

If there are any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

mickcoste

Hello looking forward to my first FO48. I have recruited my niece Janelle and her fiancé Darren as first timers as well. Hoping for good weather! See you then!

polewog

I am planning on hiking up to Liberty Springs tent site Thursday or Friday.

I am planning on recording my hike and the flag raising ceremony for my YouTube channel. This is a worthy event that not many know about or can take part in and I want to share it with those who can’t be there.

I am hoping for better luck than last year when I couldn’t make it because I got a flat tire on the way up.

Jim_45

Looking forward to doing this event again this year! See you all soon!

mickcoste

Is the plan still to meet at Whitehouse tH the morning of 9/11? I see someone is planning on going up a few days early. Hope that is not the case for all.

Frodo

Yes, the plan is to meet Sept 11th, the morning of the event for most of the group. Some people will do their own thing and just meet us on the summit, which is totally fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.