Forums 2011 Flags on the 48 2011 Trips & Routes Lafayette PLEASE!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #48008 |

I’m hoping SOMEONE has information for Sunday’s route up Lafayette (what time? trailhead?)

PLEASE, I’m travelling from Massachusetts late Saturday night and would like to have some peace of mind about the plans for Sunday.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thank you!!!!

MichaelJ

I wish I had some information to share with you, but regrettably I do not. Neither Lafayette nor Lincoln have made contact.

In fact, the Lafayette trip leader is listed as a Lincoln participant. I didn’t catch that earlier.

Lincoln looks like a Scout group, unless they’re camping (like at Liberty Spring or the hut) there’s a good chance they’ll take the Old Bridle Path and you could catch them in the parking lot if you want to guess a time (AMC book time backwards from noon?).

Kyle

Minister, I’m also registered to do Lafayette. Since we haven’t heard from the leader, my suggestion is that we go up the old bridal path. We can meet at the lafayette place parking lot on the east side of 93, for the old bridal path trail head. If we meet at 8am that should give us more than enough time to get organized and on the peak by noon.

I’ll go to home depot tonight to put together a flag pole and a flag, unless you have any materials already.

Let me know if this works for you and I’ll repost it under a new topic.

I’ll be coming up from Connecticut with one of my friends and my dog, so at least we’ll have 3 people and a mascot to get it done.

mtnpa

Nice job Kyle and Minister.
            Way to git ‘er done :flag:

MichaelJ

Awesome – thanks for stepping up!

minster77

Attention to all hikers doing Lafayette on Sunday. I guess there was a little confusion and since we haven’t heard anything, we have to make plans for our hike less than 48 hours out.

Here are the plans:

Falling Waters parking lot 8 AM (if full, you can park at Lafayette Place across the street (so to speak))

OLD BRIDLE PATH to summit…flag up by noontime

Heard it should be beautiful weather..,can’t wait to hike with my fellow hikers and hoist Ol Glory atop Lafayette in memory of so many who perished that fateful day and in honor of all the heroes that keep us safe each and every day!

Joe (Minster77)

BandG

We had a valid email address. We could have been contacted if there were some concerns. We have a complete rig as we did Lincoln the last 2 years. We have a close to 30 foot pole and two flags…one small to test the wind and then another 20 foot flag.

Sorry for the confusion..we are meeting at Falling waters trailhead at 7 AM

hope you see this in time

feel free to call my cell

Brian 617-930-8976

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.