Forums 2013 Flags on the 48 2013 Trips & Routes Kinsman, South

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #48200 |

We’ll be hiking the Mount Kinsman trail up to the Kinsman Ridge trail over North Kinsman to South Kinsman.

Distance: 4.8 miles, Time: 4hr’s, Elevation gain: 3,600 ft (one way)

The Mt. Kinsman trail is located off of NH 116 (off of NH 112)

We’ll be meeting again at the MacDonald’s in Lincoln at 7:00AM or at the trail head at 7:45.

On the trail at 8:00AM.
      More info to follow.
      Happy hiking….
      Dave

kathy

Thanks, Dave, for the info about George being with you on South.

See you on the trail. :flag:

Kathy

Mark R

Thanks for getting the route info up Dave. Are you all set with the pole and flag?
          Scott, Garrett, Spencer and myself (Mark) are a group that will be coming up together. We will be spending the night at the Kinsman pond site as well. I will make sure they get all of the info.

Here is my email if you need to reach me.
          mark.roberts@turtletransit.com

Regards.

Mark

Team Davey

Welcome aboard Mark! Glad your group can join us. We’re all set with the pole and flag. I’ll put you on our e-mail distribution for furhter info.

Dave

Team Davey

Just an update:

As in the past, our plan is to meet 7AM Saturday morning at the McDonald’s parking lot in Lincoln and drive to the trail head together. Keep in mind we need to start our hike from the trail-head at 8:00 AM to get to the summit by noon – please plan accordingly.

I’ll have the Flag and flag pole all already to go. :flag:

The hike up is 4.8 miles with an elevation gain of about 3,300 feet and it will take us approximately 4 hours to reach the south summit. Please be prepared for a number of small brook crossings along the way. Also, keep in mind that the hike up and down plus 2 hours flying the flag will take us approximately 10 hours – we should get back to the tail head around 6 PM. Please plan accordingly.

If you are going directly to the Mt. Kinsman trail head – hear are the directions.

– Exit 32 off 93, Right at bottom of ramp onto Rt. 112
              – Rt. 112 west 11.6 miles to Rt. 116
              – Right onto Rt. 116
              – 6.5 miles to trailhead on your right – not well mark – large orange bow on stump near entrance. If you see Tamarack Tennis Club you’ve gone 100 yards to far.

Please remember to pack warm clothes for the summit, water, snacks and lunch. Also a camera! Any questions please send me an e-mail or give me a call. Any questions send me a note

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘2013 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.