Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #48355 |

Looks like the Isolation crew is getting communications going. NICE! 😀
      I hope you folks have a great day, Iso is definitely one I need to bag, just not this year. Maybe next year as an over-nighter? I will look forward to your pics in the Gallery after our day.
      Climb on!!
      Shawn D.

Josh King

I am thinking of joining this group and would like to know the route plans as well. I’ll be driving up and spending the night somewhere in the area on Friday night. I’m up for putting in some good miles, but don’t want to make this an overnight as I think some groups may have done in the past. BTW, I’ll be bringing my 3’x5′ flag that I flew in Iraq in 2003.

Josh King

Looks like its just 3 of us signed up to cover Mt Isolation now. I’m looking forward to hearing from Brenda for route planning. As far as supplies, I’m still fairly new to this, so I don’t have any pole supplies. I will be bringing a flag and will be willing to help transport any pole pieces that need to be carried.

Josh King

I’m not our peak coordinator, but I’ve been looking at my trail maps and previous FOT48 trip routes and I would like to see us hike in and out on the Glen Boulder trail. Weather permitting, possibly quick out and back to the Boott Spur junction on our way out? Looks like a meet time of 0530 at the Glen Ellis Falls parking area with a start time of pre-0600 should work well. Obviously, if our peak coordinator Brenda has another route in mind I don’t want to hijack anything.

Also, a quick question for Brenda and Steve: Do either of you have supplies for a flag pole and/or need help carrying any of it up to the peak? I’m brainstorming my own ideas for a pole, but don’t want to spend a ton of time or money on it if we already have it covered for this hike.

Thanks!

Steve H

I too am waiting for our leader, Brenda Firth, to weigh in on this. I have a flag and can start to construct the pole scenario. One option is to use 3/4″ EMT (electrical conduit) with set-screw connectots to make a 20-foot pole. We’ll also need guy lines. Another option is to use shorter conduits, perhaps aluminum, and screw them together with threaded couplings at the summit. In any case, we need to get a route and a plan into place. Brenda?

brendalfirth

So I was told by someone else that this post was here. I really apologize for not seeing this. I am a little unsure about how to be the peak coordinator and just posted on Facebook and that’s how I found out you were looking for me. Sorry. I assumed I would get an email with everyone’s contact information. I have a flag, pole and all the rigging. Just need to hear from everyone on what anyone wants to do.

Josh King

Good to hear from you, Brenda! It looks like it’s still just 3 of us. Since it sounds like you have the flag pole figured out (and we’ll have 3 flags to swap around), it should just be a matter of picking a route and a meeting place and time. I’ll be staying in Jackson Friday and Saturday night, so I’ll be close enough for an early start Saturday morning.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘2015 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.