Forums 2017 Flags on the 48 2017 Sign Ups and Status Information Regarding Sign Ups

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #48484 |

Important information about sign ups this year. We’re moving to a new format that requires you to be registered on the site in order to sign up. This will reduce the number of people who sign up for multiple peaks, or sign up for the same peak several times. It will also allow you to move yourself from one peak to another without waiting for one of the steering committee to handle it for you. Plus a few other nice features.
      If you want to register ahead of time, simply sign up for the forums (you’re here already, how convenient!) and when we migrate to the new site, your registration will migrate at the same time. Then when sign ups start, simply log in and pick your peak.

Team Davey

Hi Chris,

If you already have an account on FOT48 do have to resign up for this new format?

Chris

If you have a n account here on the forum, it will transfer over to the new site and you won’t have to register again. You’ll just login, go to the sign ups page and click on a “register” button next to the peak you want.

SilentCal

I believe if you are able to post here, that you should be able to sign up.

Chris

That is correct. But even once we move to the new site, you can register before sign-ups open.

tfr

Not a big deal, but my avatar disappeared.

Chris

Yeah, that’s one of the concessions we had to make to integrate everything. We’re now using WordPress, and bbPress which get their avatars from Gravatar. I’ll look into the situation more as time allows, I’m trying to make the change as painless as possible.

tfr

Also, the ‘show me the new posts’ feature is gone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.