Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion how do you become the primary contact for a peak?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #47745 |

How do you become the primary contact for a peak. Is this the only person that can upload photos after the trip?

SilentCal

You become the Primary for the peak by being the first person to sign up for it. You are responsible for getting the Flag to the summit by noon on the day of the event. We ask that you do take pictures and upload them to the gallery for that year. Anyone can upload photos, you do not need to be the primary hiker.

sno_gabe

I tried uploading photos many times last year, went through the steps, and after uploading, it told me there was a problem, so I assumed that it was only the primary contact that could upload. I guess I was wrong.

SilentCal

Did you go through these steps?

http://forums.flagsonthe48.org/viewtopic.php?t=2722

If the problem is more than this, I’m afraid I might not know what the problem is. I know we do have an issue with spam bombs in the commensts of some of the older albums. I wonder if something with that might be the problem.

sno_gabe

Yes. After it would upload for a half hour or so, then it would show an error. I tried reducing the size of the photos, assuming the files were too large, but that didnt work.

New Hampshire

I know a couple people had some initial problems with the upload feature but it was worked out quickly, so I am not sure where the new issue may be. Perhaps Chris or MichaelJ, who are more computer saavy, can pinpoint the problem for us…..

Brian

MichaelJ

What was the exact wording of the error, do you recall?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.