Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion How did you learn of Flags on the 48?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
      #47383 |

Just wanted to see where everyone found the event from.

Chris

You forgot one option: “I have no freekin idea, I forget!”

🙂

New Hampshire

I cant actually vote either since 2 answers fit for me….I learned it from you guys on Hike-nh, so that would be Hike-nh/friends.

Brian

Chris

Nonsense, vote for hike-nh!!

🙂

New Hampshire

Very well, as you wish….my friend 😛 😆 :flag:

Brian

MichaelJ

All the way back. I would have been on Liberty had I not already had a multi-day excursion into the Great Gulf planned that weekend with a friend.

vpalango

I actually found it when searching online for camping/hiking ideas for our BSA troop back in 2004. We’ve been joining in ever since, and it’s rapidly becomming a tradition for us.

Sherpa John

I heard about it in the Useless … sorry.. UNION.. Leader. (newspaper) How come thats not an option? CAL

SilentCal

I added it for you John. My bad.

I orginally read about the thread in the hiker journal two days after it happened. I wish I had known about it, but I had no internet access where I was staying.

pepsi

I first saw it on the AMC thread but followed it on AZ, where IIRC it was picked up almost immediately, and was a temporary home until this site was started.

ken

i was working on finishing my 115 – that day i was hiking lafayette, lincoln, lafayette and garfield – i left lincoln (not knowing anything, didn’t see a flag), and arrived at garfield around 2pm – some people at the summit told me that i “just missed the flag” – then they explained that they flew flags on all the summits that day – – so i looked it up on the internet and the next year i flew my own on the peak that i had finished my 115 on a that year a few months earlier…
                          so my vote is “word of mouth”.

MtnMagic

I saw the post on the original AMC thread, many times. I was tired of staying home watching the story, the re-runs of the planes crashing over and over again. To clear my mind and get away from the tv, I decided to hike to Mt Liberty on Thursday the 13th or Friday, the 14th. It’s been 5 short years since that day. Only one other hiker summited the entire afternoon as I stared into the Pemi, hypnotized by the stunning views. I could have joined the Saturday group, but having just been there, I declined the invitation. Something I think about often!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.