Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #64729 |

Hi Team!

Thank you for joining us this year. We are a crew of hikers that have coordinated a peak in each of the last 12 years – never the same peak twice. Our pole system requires we shuttle 2 10 foot 3″ PVC poles up the trail to the summit and back down. The rest of the gear is divided among all participants packs. If you will be joining us, expect to rotate pole carries on the trails.

The ascension plan is the typical route starting from Hancock trailhead parking area, up Hancock Notch trail, to Cedar Brook trail, to Hancock Loop trail towards the summit of Hancock. The first two miles or so are relatively flat with some water crossings. The next 1.5 miles is slightly more uphill to the fork on the Hancock Loop trail. From there the fun begins :)! About 6/10ths of a mile up steeply. Total is about 4 1/4 miles to the summit. We will place a small flag on the summit and then proceed to a lookout area just south west of the summit and erect our flag pole there. Once the pole comes down, you have a choice of descending back the way we came, or like me, peak bag South Hancock. We will rendezvous back at the lot and maybe share some libations?

Everyone’s hiking pace is different. It takes about 30 mins to complete the pole setup. I prefer to be at the lookout by 11:30AM. Therefore, I would like to be boots on, ready to start up by 8:00AM. Please plan to arrive at the lot by 7:30AM.

There will be no cell service once you pass Lincoln NH. This entire hike will be with no (or possibly minimal) cell service. Prepare accordingly.

Please reply to this post and provide me with an e-mail address, the name and number of persons in your group and a cell phone number. I will use them to communicate in more detail when the event gets closer.

See you all soon!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.