Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #64018 |

Thanks to everyone that signs up and joins our team on Hancock this year! This will be my 6th year participating in Flags on the 48 and my second time as peak coordinator.

Our plan is fairly simple. Meeting time will be 7:30am at the Hancock Notch Trailhead. At the trailhead, we will divy up the flagpole pieces and begin hiking at roughly 8am. This should give us plenty of time to get to the summit and set everything up by noon. The flag will fly from noon until 2pm. At 2pm, we will pack everything up and follow the Hancock Loop Trail over the summit of South Hancock on our way back down to the trailhead. ETA back at the trailhead should be around 5-6pm.

My 24’ flagpole is made up of six sections of 4-foot camo poles (military surplus camouflage netting aluminum support poles). It is extremely sturdy and has been used on three previous Fot48 events. Please be prepared to carry one or two sections, depending on our group size.

I will also be bringing my personal flag that I flew while deployed to Iraq in 2003 and I have flown at all my previous Fot48 events. If you have a flag of your own that you would like to have flown, please feel free to bring it and we can rotate the flags as needed.

Thanks again and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.