Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #47443 |

Again my son and I enjoyed the flag event. We headed up flume slide trail. I mentioned that we had it easy, just think of the firefighters climbing stairs to rescue people.

We do focus on the people who parished, rightly so. I heard on a CBS show last night the firefighters helped save 20,000 people on 9/11. I like to remember that heroic effort.

I was great meeting up with some of you Sat night (Dirtgril, Jaytrek, Mt Magic,Sherpajohn, Ken etc.) I wished I could have seen and caught up with more of you. Before I knew it the night was over.

TrekMan

Puck,
        Good to meet you and Gorpburp on Flume this year. Sorry we did not have the flag up longer after you arrived, could not take any chances. We unfortunately did not get any pics with you in them, if you did get some please let me know and we can add to the Flume album.
        -Trekman :flag:

Sherpa John

Great running into you Puck. Perhaps next time we’ll have more time to chat.

And hey.. next time… keep the kids keyboard at home! lol :beer:

Puck

Trekman
            It was a great experience, folding a flag in an oncoming storm. We waited just off the mountain in the trees until 2:00 for my sister’s family. They almost made it to the peak.

SherpJohn
            Sorry about the keyboards. SOmeone described as “squeezing seals” My brother in law was responsible for those. Out of the cacophony I did hear a melody or two.

chip

@Puck wrote:

Sorry about the keyboards. SOmeone described as “squeezing seals”

Well it wasn’t quite THAT bad, music is music, but it did have a “unique” quality. 😉

Pucknuts

Great job Puck!
                We could see your flag from Garfield with the naked eye.

but we also watched the storm move right in and over you and the entire ridge….and it was an incredible sight. That’s when we knew we had to get going.
                Sorry I didn’t get a chance to stay for the night to meet everyone so hopefully we’ll catch up at the 2007 meeting….next years event…or along the trail.

Peace,
                Bill :flag:

Puck

@Pucknuts wrote:

Great job Puck!
                  We could see your flag from Garfield with the naked eye.

Peace,
                  Bill :flag:

Can’t take credit for that flag. I was also very impressed by it. The flag and pole was brought by Trekman and Dirt.

We were able to see yours on Garefield.

We are bound to run into each other.

TrekMan

Thanks Puck & Pucknuts … we got the flag pole going at Wildcat-D in 2004 and bought a new 6×10 last year to increase chances of seeing it from afar. Tweaking the system a bit but it has pretty much worked well for us now for 3 years, this year’s breeze giving it a good stress test.
                    -TrekMan :flag:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.