Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #64756 |

Hi all,

The plan is to take the Garfield Trail up to the Garfield Ridge Trail, which leads to the summit. We are going to meet in the parking lot of the Garfield Trail on Gale River Loop Rd. at 7:30am so we can divvy up the gear and start hiking by 8. This is an out-and-back hike- 5 miles to the summit for a total of 10 miles and 3,050 feet of elevation gain. The book time on this route is 4 hours to the top, but if you think you need more (or less) time, let me know and we can work something out. I will post more details when we get closer to the date, but I have a flag pole and flag, however if you want to bring your own flag, feel free. If you are bringing someone with you who didn’t sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the numbers. The plan is to be at the top between noon and 2 so be prepared to bring extra clothes to change into or layers to add. If the weather makes it unsafe to stay the whole time, we will head down early.

My email is hotalingje@gmail.com. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

-Jennifer Hotaling

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.