Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #64015 |

The plan is to meet at the Garfield Trail parking lot at 8:00am and plan on heading up the Garfield Trail around 8:15am. The trail is 4.7 miles to the summit with approx. 3000 vertical feet of elevation gain. We have a flag, pole, and everything needed to hoist starting at Noon. We do need some help carrying everything up. All we need is good weather and a little wind (but not too much wind) 🙂

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Frodo.
      ejboyle4

While not a registered participant, a group of us from work planned to hike Garfield that day, meeting at the trailhead around 8 as well. Happy to lend a hand if needed.

Jim_45

Look forward to helpihg out again this year and will be there at 8am.

Mtnchik76

We are registered and will be there for the 8 am start! Was supposed to be just us 2 ladies but now our kids want in! No worries they are avid hikers working through the 48 themselves! We are expecting to carry something!!! So plan on it!!!

ejboyle4

I saw that a couple of slots opened up so I registered to participate. I’m actually hiking up that morning with a group from work, same 8:00 meeting time and 8:15 ascent so we’ll pitch in however we can. Also, I was with Jim Roy at Henniker Brewing during the release of the 48 Flags beer and was sitting him when he was talking with the videographer about the event and you (Frodo). The videographer was planning on having someone at the trailhead and summit to film and speak with you and others. Not sure if that info got passed along to you but wanted to make you aware. The guy make the US Flag documentary is Reggie Groff but he’s contracted someone to shoot some film of the event. Jim had shared some history with him.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by ejboyle4.
              Frodo

Just a quick update. Even though it is going to be a little cold and wet, we are still on as planned! Please bring a lot of warm clothing and rain gear. This weather is much better than 3 years ago! If you are not used to hiking in cold wet weather, please reconsider joining us. Safety is our number 1 priority. The other thing that helps us is that we will be below treeline most of the day, which shelters us. Other than that, it should be a memorable day! I look forward to meeting everyone new and seeing familiar faces!

BTW, I will be easy to spot in the parking lot because I will be the only person wearing a NY Yankee hat. :}

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.