Forums 2009 Flags on the 48 2009 Trips & Routes Galehead 2009 trip info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #47779 |

the color blazes for the Garfield Trail (Blue Blaze), a snowmobile trail (Yellow Blaze) that crosses the Garfield trail and the Garfield Ridge trail (White Blaze). At the height of the land, after the 0.2 mile steep hike to the Garfield Ridge trail, be sure to turn left onto the open slabs leading to the old foundation. DO NOT CONTINE ALONG THE Garfield Ridge TRAIL.

As I have described in an earlier e-mail, the average time to the top is 4 hours. Our goal is to be on the summit by 1100 to set-up and have the flag flying by 1200. This means we need to be on trail by 0700. All hikers should plan to arrive at the trailhead by 0630 and be geared-up for a 0700 start.

My cell phone number is 339 223 6299. Reception is spotty in the mountain area. If you plan to arrive late, please try to call and let me know.

I will be leaving a coffee can in the bed of my truck (Black FORD Ranger). Inside the coffee can there will be a SIGN ON/OFF sheet. Please sign on and off the mountain. We will get separated due to the different pace of individuals.

My hope is we will all be at the trailhead for a group picture.

New Hampshire

Hey Bill, you may want to edit your peak name in the title since your on Garfield, not Galehead (just so your team mates don’t get confused.) :flag:

Have fun!

Brian

BILL

Thank you. I’ll try to clear it from the Galehead Route posting, and put it into the Garfield Route posting.

–Bill

BILL

Please disregard this posting–info was incorectly posted for Galehead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘2009 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.