Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Planning Meeting FOT48 Planning Get-together Location

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
      #46826 |

This poll was created to select a location for the 2004 FOT48 Planning Get-together. This poll will run for 14 days.

MtnMagic

So folks know the difference, Lafayette in the late spring offers showers at $.25 per current time unit. Hancock is open all year and plowed. Off the Kanc is a shorter drive for those coming up from the South. Lots of sites at Lafayette are not level and are a bit sloped. Both (last year’s prices) are the same.

MichaelJ

How do I say “Hancock if it’s in May, but if in June it’s probably too crowded with RV’s and I’d vote Tripoli Road” ?
          8)

Stephen

I’m thinking of knocking off a peak or two earlier in the day. I don’t have my maps with me here at work. What 4k’s are close to Hancock campground? Any trailheads at the campground?

-T

P.S. I’m assuming that it’s Hancock since it’s leading by such a wide margin.

MtnMagic

No Trailheads at the c.g. but Lincoln Woods Trail is across the Road to access the mtns in the Pemi Wilderness. The Osceolas, Hancocks, Tripyramids, Passaconnaway and Whiteface are there.

Pick you favorite!

Stephen

Sweet. Did the osceolas… they were my first.

Hmmm… That’s quite a few to choose from. Will have to read up on the trails when I get home.

-T

MtnMagic

To add to your choices, there are all the mtns on the Franconia Range and the Kinsmans and Cannon, then the Twins, then Tom Field Willey then . . . 😀

Stephen

Looks like the location is solid…

Greg

Yup. Hancock Campground, it is. Pick your date here:

http://alpinezone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1167

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The topic ‘FOT48 Planning Get-together Location’ is closed to new replies.