DirtJuly 11, 2006 at 10:17 pmPost count: 54
There will be some discussion as to which of three trails to use for our ascent and descent of Flume this year. Because there will be abundant sunshine throughout the day Flume Slide Trail will certainly be an option for ascent. Others may feel better on Liberty Springs trail, or perhaps the Wilderness/Osseo trails. There will be multiple cars to our disposal so if our team (which is growing larger each day) decides to split into two groups, that shouldn’t be a big issue.
Some of the group will be camping in the area, either at a KOA campground or at Lafayette Place. As soon as those details are confirmed we will pass this info to anyone else wishing to join us (and help us carry our 30 pound flagpole and 60 square foot flag to the summit). :flag:TrekManParticipantJuly 11, 2006 at 11:26 pmPost count: 149
Yes, we will also be needing some yards of rope. In a stiff wind, more bracing is needed. I look forward to the potential of getting up Flume Slide since Dirt had told me his tale so many times. Our team on Moriah last year did an excellent job and this year Flume should give us great views on that sunny day that Dirt promises! Whatever the route, it’s always a light-hearted trip with a great group!
:flag: 😛DirtJuly 14, 2006 at 11:53 amPost count: 54
We will be staying at the KOA in Woodstock for two nights, Friday and Saturday. We’ll be starting from Lincoln Woods and taking the Osseo trail up. Book time is 4 hours 25 minutes, and to be on the safe side many of us will start at 7am. We’ll likely end up going over Liberty and down Liberty Springs trail to a spotted vehicle. Some may choose to retrace our ascent route for the descent. Anyone wishing to join us would be great, otherwise we would simply meet at the summit by 11:45 (or on the trail…just look for the pole sections sticking out of our packs).PuckAugust 24, 2006 at 8:22 pmPost count: 55
My son (Gorpburb) are coming up from CT Sat am. He is getting in from western PA Friday night. a 7 am start for Lincoln woods is impossible for us. We will head up either liberty or flume (weather permiting.
We are shooting to sumit at 12:00. Let me know if you need anything.
Also, we are staying at the KAO again this year.DirtAugust 24, 2006 at 9:21 pmPost count: 54
I figured that 7am wouldn’t work for some of the group and I apologize for that, however I’m planning on having the flag flying by noon and most of the group will need the extra time. Meeting at the summit will be just fine, even if it’s after 12. Remember we still need help taking the flag down and carrying the pole sections down as well. See you at the campground too!! 16 days to go.
- The forum ‘2006 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.