Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #64019 |

The plan is to take the Lincoln Woods Trail, Osseo Trail, and Franconia Ridge Trail out and back from Lincoln Woods Visitor Center (take a left onto rt 112 when you get off exit 32 of rt 93, then it is 5.6 miles on your left), starting at 7:30am so we should meet at Lincoln Woods by 7:15 so we can divide up the equipment. It is 5.6 miles from the parking lot to the top of Mt. Flume with 3,150 feet of elevation gain and should take about 4 hours.

Usually I do not have cell phone service at the Lincoln Woods parking lot so try and send me a text (617-716-9354) as early as possible if you are going to be late or have to cancel.

The plan is to be at the top for 2 hours so please bring extra layers and/or a change of clothes to put on at the top (for the ladies, from my own personal experience, a dry bra is key to being comfortable at the top). Also be sure to bring enough food and water (and the other 10 essentials) for the hike. If it looks like it will be a clear day, I will bring a pair of (heavy) binoculars so we can try to see the flags on the other summits around.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to send me an email at hotalingje@gmail.com

-Jennifer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.