Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Flags on the 48 Web site Overhaul

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
      #46835 |

I’d like to come up with a new layout for the Flags Web site. Please take a look at the current site and post any comments or suggestions for ways to improve it (mostly from a design standpoint) in this thread.

https://www.flagsonthe48.org/

Thanks! :flag:

SilentCal

I mentioned this before but, how about rotating the main picture on the flag page to show the many different summits and flagpole designs. Show lots of happy hiking groups and some of the really grand displays of patriotism out there. I’m sure to think of more but I’m having a moderate brain-freeze now…..

Greg

Great feedback, SilentCal. Thanks.

Another related item that comes to mind is the adoption of an official logo to be used on any future patches, etc. I can work on something for that too along with the site redesign so feel free to comment on that as well.

MtnMagic

I really like the photo album theme around the pictures. Looks great!

Stephen

How about including some 9.11 pictures themselves? Nothing major, just an occasional image, or perhaps a rotating image section on the main page? It adds in to the remembrence. But, I could see the objections on morbid grounds. What say you all?

-Stephen

SilentCal

You’d have to have the firemen raising the flag photo for sure. That’s the most inspiring picture of them all in terms of raising flags. I also think we should include the Mooseland Grill photo as well as some from the upcoming planning meeting. These photos would give a better sense of comaderie and inspiration for what we are doing.

MtnMagic

I agree with you both, great ideas, as always!

MichaelJ

I definitely agree on the “camraderie” photos. They show other people that this is not an event of individuals hiking to summits, but rather a community action. Also, they’re more inspiring to new people, I think, because it shows that being a part of this event is not putting a burden on their shoulders alone; rather, they’re a part of something bigger.

I believe the firefighters-raising-the-flag photo is copyrighted, so use caution about using it.

SilentCal

Most of the trip reports are located in the forum section. How about putting a “trip report” or “hikers reviews” type of link on the front page so people could read about others experiences and a trips? This could be where we all mention the great feedback that we recieve from passers-by and the good times shared.

ken

>>Another related item that comes to mind is the adoption of an official logo to be used on any future patches, etc.<< it would make the patches less expensive per patch since you would be ordering a larger quantity, but… a new patch every once in awhile would make it more interesting.

Chris

If you’re looking for layout ideas, I would be happy to contribute some. I like all the ideas posted here, but I’m wonding if you we’re looking for items to include, or overall layout as well.

As an example, I’d like to see small photos related to the hikes and 9/11 aligned down either side of the page, perhaps even faded into one another. Of course I nice header graphic to set the feel of the site. Links to the main areas of the site can stay listed across the header.

More ideas if you need them

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.