Forums Flags on the 48 Information Pictures Flags on the 48 Image Gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #46744 |

Hello all!

I’ll be working on a way for organizing images from the event over the next day or two. If you have images that you would like to submit, you can start by sending me a private message and I’ll grant your username the proper permissions for publishing pics to the Gallery once I set it up.

More info to follow…

Greg

Okay, here goes. First, start off by sending me a PM or Email me ( contact@alpinezone.com ) your AlpineZone Forum username and I will grant your username permissions to add an album to the Flags on the 48! Image Gallery. I will reply with a PM or Email when I do this.

Click on the Flags on the 48! Image Gallery link in the AlpineZone Gallery and then on the “Album: 2003 – Flags on the 48” album. Click [new nested album].

You will then see an Untitled and empty album. Click [properties]. Here you can assign an Album Title in the pop-up window. Please just use the name of the summit. Scroll down to the bottom of the pop-up window. Click Apply and then click Close.

Then click the [add photos] link to add your images. You can upload them directly from your computer or reference a URL (Web address). Click “Upload Now” or “Submit URL or directory” once you select your image file location.

Once the images are uploaded, you can change the captions by selecting “Edit Caption” from the drop-down list beneath each image. Selecting “Highlight Photo” will cause the respective image to be the one that highlights your album in the gallery.

I’ve started us off with the Mount Madison album.

If you need any other help, or if you experience any problems, please PM me or post here. Contact me if you need me to scan print images (I’ll return them) if you don’t have a digital camera. Also, many places (Walgreens, Rite-Aid, etc…) can digitize film pics for you and put them on a CD or floppy. Hope this helps!

Greg

It just occurred to me that we will probably have images for one mountain from multiple sources. What I would like to avoid is multiple albums for the same mountain. Therefore if someone has already created an album for a mountain, please contact me and I’ll give you access to that album so you can add your pics. Thanks!

Greg

The following URL can now be used to access the Flags Image Gallery:

http://alpinezone.com/flagpix

That link is a little easier to deal with when notifying others of the Flags Gallery.

Greg

Just a reminder here to have your batteries charged up for your digital cameras. Take lot of pics again this year!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The topic ‘Flags on the 48 Image Gallery’ is closed to new replies.