Forums 2015 Flags on the 48 2015 Trips & Routes Flags on the 48 Bondcliff

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
      #48365 |

Hi All, Just want to start the dialog on all things Bondcliff for Flags on the 48. Bondcliff is one of the most scenic places I’ve been to in the White mountains and I am looking forward to getting back out there. I haven’t settled on a final plan for the assent yet but I am leaning towards leaving from the Lincoln Woods Visitor Center off of the Kancamagus Highway (NH112). The AMC guide books this hike as 9.1 miles and about 6 hours and 15 minutes, which means a pretty early departure time to reach the peak and have our flag flying for 12:00. That route takes the Lincoln Woods/Wilderness trail to the Bondcliff trail to the summit of Bondcliff. I am in the process of putting together a Flag pole to use, and I do have a flag that I would like to fly. The flag I have was flown in Afghanistan during the war, and given to my wife by my brother who was an Army helicopter pilot over there for two tours. I hope everyone posts up here with any suggestions, concerns, tips, tricks, etc. Looking forward to hitting the trail!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • The forum ‘2015 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.