Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Flags on other "non-official" peaks?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #46737 |

Since all 48 official 4000’ers are being supported, how about opening up the other “non-official” 4000’ers to flag flying on Saturday? Mountains like Clay, Franklin, Bootspur, Guyot, Little Haystack, etc…

It would be great to have as many flags flying as possible. This might not be something we actually have to track, but maybe those interested in the alternate peaks can post their intentions here. This would be a great option for those that didn’t get the chance to sign up for an official 4000’er. Whadayathink?

Max

I have made arrangements with the Park Manager (Andrew Zboray) at Mt. Monadnock and he will have one of the other trail volunteers that I hang around with, Bob Brodeur, to fly the flag from the summit between 12 and 2 PM on Saturday. Bob is quite a character. 77 years old, climbs the mountain 3-4 times per week, and would put a lot of 20-somethings to shame. He’s got 23 years on me and I hope I can be half as active as he when I’m that age!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The topic ‘Flags on other "non-official" peaks?’ is closed to new replies.