Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Summit Reports Eisenhower (Pleasant)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #46982 |

MilesMountain and I (with guests) will be ascending via historic Edmunds Path around 10 am.

All are welcome to join us.

Afterwards, we will be celebrating down the road at the Mooseland Grill.

See y’all there!

Anonymous

good luck, escendo!

escendo

wake up groggy. who can have just one martini?

pick up john and head for lincoln to meet the rest of the team: miles, nicole and jon. I call nicole ‘cookie.’ nicole calls me ‘crunch and munch.’ we both call miles ‘cream puff.’

the view of eisenhower from us 302 inspires me. feeling alive now.

set out on the historic edmands path a little after nine. ‘4 minutes past schedule,’ notes miles. the trail is quite satisfying, a pleasure in its undertaking.

emerge from the treeline about 11:30. at the trailhead of the eisenhower loop, we hear word that they’re expecting us at the summit. miles and I bolt to the top and, with the help of a few kind hikers, manage to get the banner up just after noon.

miles cooks up some chili dogs as the rest of the team gazes at the splendor of old glory and the grandeur of the whites.

we spot banners on monroe, isolation, pierce, jackson, and field – maybe carrigain, but that might be my imagination. it’s easy to see why they named this peak ‘mt pleasant.’

pack it up just after two and head back down. miles seems ‘concerned’ that the mooseland grill may run out of woodstock inn red rack ale, like they did last time we were there…

…they don’t. meet some fine folks at the party, where it finally merges into one.

escendo

we received tremendous support for our small gesture on this special day. thanks to all those who contributed to the success of this event!

feel free to take a look at some of the pictures from our adventure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • The forum ‘2004 Summit Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.