Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #63006 |

I am the peak coordinator for Ike. I hear that Mount Clinton Road is closed at both ends. If this is still true when the event takes places, we will meet at the point where the Cog Road crosses Clinton and walk Clinton to the Edmands path. We will start at 8:00 AM. We have an experienced crew and a flag pole setup. Given limited parking, if anyone wants to arrange a car pool, post here, or send me a message.

If the road is re-opened, please let us know, and we will arrange to meet at the point where Clinton crosses the Edmands Path.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by tfr.
      bdrose

Some of us WILL be staying at the highland center….3 of us will be driving in from there.

bdrose

Do we have an update on Mount Clinton Road? Is it still closed? We still meeting Cog Road at 8:00. Not exactly sure where Clinton Road/Trail head is from the cog road.

Thanks,

Bdrose

nyhiker

Hello again, the news is that the Mt. Clinton Road has reopened from the Crawford Notch end to Edmands Path parking lot! We are still starting at 8:00, which means be there in time to actually start at 8:00. Again, given limited parking, if anyone wants to arrange a car pool, send me a message. I hear it will be a good bit cooler than recent days and ‘breezy’. Please come prepared to stay at the summit for a few hours, and remember we are above tree line. We have a flag that was recently flown aboard the USS Constitution. I have downloaded a copy of the National Anthem which I will play at Noon. I’ll try to remember to bring my binoculars so we can search for other flags. See you on Saturday!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.