Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #65714 |

We’ll be hiking the Signal Ridge Trail. Book time is 4 hours for this 5-mile route. To allow adequate time at the summit for erecting flagpole as well as a safety margin, I’d like to be on trail between 7:15 AM and 7:30 AM on Sunday, September 11th. (Will tighten this up as the date approaches.) Please plan proper provisions of liquids and snacks.

Walter has put together a flag pole in 4-foot sections; there will be five sections to carry up as well as flag(s), guy lines, stakes and miscellaneous hardware.

In an ideal situation, we’ll arrive at 11:30 AM and scavenge up some rocks for the pole base and perhaps some of the guy lines. That will give us adequate time for a noontime flag raising.

The colors will be struck at 2:00 PM, the flag reverently folded and we then begin our descent. It’s too early to get a reliable weather forecast. I’d suggest that you plan for both warm and chilly conditions during the two-hour summit sojourn.

Some of us will be staying at one of the Sugarloaf WMNF Campgrounds at Twin Mountain on Saturday night. A few of us are likely to stay over Sunday night at the same location. Any and all are welcome to hang with us at Sugarloaf Campground if you reserve a site. (We might have one available for you on Sunday night….)

phamjasmine

Hello, I would like to join this hike. I registered for it but not sure it goes through? Let me know if the space is maxed out. Thank you

Jasmine
        Pham.Smith@gmail.com

jmac603

I am pulling out of this hike. I’m joining a hike with a friend I haven’t been able to connect with. Wishing you all the best.

Jason

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.