Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
      #48066 |

Tom Rankin, Laurie Rankin, John Messinger, Yanny Hecht, and possibly Tim Lucia will be doing Cabot via Unknown Pond. (This route will also be covering The Bulge and The Horn). We will start around 8:00

2020vq

Randy Pierce and 2020 Vision Quest will be doing cabot as well. Would love to connect randy’s email is randy at 2020visionquest.org

tfr

@2020vq wrote:

Randy Pierce and 2020 Vision Quest will be doing cabot as well. Would love to connect randy’s email is randy at 2020visionquest.org

I emailed everyone, except James.

tfr

@tfr wrote:

Tom Rankin, Laurie Rankin, John Messinger, Yanny Hecht, and possibly Tim Lucia will be doing Cabot via Unknown Pond. (This route will also be covering The Bulge and The Horn). We will start around 8:00

If this was not clear, we’re starting at the Hatchery, doing Cabot, and then optionally doing the Bulge and The Horn. Then back to the Hatchery.

tfr

I see we are almost full. To the other people who have signed up, do you intend to hike with us? We have a nice flag setup that we have used several times before. Please contact me via PM.

Paradox

All Hale Tom! This years Group Leader Dada Grand Poobah Presidente El Supremo! :flag:

I’m thinking we might need a REALLY big flag if we want anyone to see us up there. Currently I have a 6’x10′. Maybe an extra length of pole, to get up over those trees. Currently, I have about 25′.

BTW: I signed up as “John Messinger” not as “Paradox” for no particular reason.

bikehikeskifish

I seem to recall the flag being flown from the old tower site where it is more visible.

Tim

raven

@bikehikeskifish wrote:

I seem to recall the flag being flown from the old tower site where it is more visible.

Tim

Hi Tim et al.

In 2010, my partner and I flew from the tower site for this reason. Not technically the high point, but we figured we weren’t peak bagging here so opted for possible sightings as this seemed the more important piece.

There are remnants of the tower poles that made for nice braces. IIRC, we were able to put a pvc pole right over a metal rebar rod in the ground. We guyed with three lines and had a 20 foot pole ( 2 PVS poles braced on the inside by a short metal pole) with nice room to fly as well as for people to get past on the trail. I’ll send you a pic…having trouble uploading one here.

Have a nice day out there. If possible, we will get the flag on Waumbek above the trees.

Scott

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘2012 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.