Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
      #47946 |

For 2011 I will be the peak coordinator for Mount Bond! Very excited to participate once again in the September 11th Memorial Hike.

Will post details very soon on meeting place and time.

I have the Flag, pole, ropes, and everything else needed to fly Old Glory 12-2, or longer if needed.

Hope to see Solo Joe again, as well other hikers I’ve met in past trips!

jack rabbit slim

excited to participate this year. my first experience. what is the itinerary?

Johnskiismore

The itinerary for the hike up Bond is the following. Meet at the Zealand Trail head at 6:30 on Sunday September 11th. Would like to start heading up by 7. We will follow Zealand Trail to the Zealand Hut. From there up Zealand Ridge to Twinway, and onto Bondcliff Trail to Mount Bond. About sixteen miles round trip.

I have the Flag, poles, ropes, pulleys, etc.

Looking forward to meeting you Jack rabbit slim, as well as the West Bond crew during our ascent!

Any questions feel free to ask

jack rabbit slim

I’m curious if we could do a full traverse with car drop. I’m working on my grid and would love to bag all 4 peaks for september or should i plan on an out and back to Bondcliff. I’m sure vt rooster would like to do the same as he is further along with his grid.

i am extremely excited to play a role in this great event and will carry whatever is needed to help

Johnskiismore

Maybe we could work something out where I could pick you up at the car drop, and then proceed to the starting point?

Let me know, plenty of time to work something out.

With others possibly joining I would like to keep the plans ‘simple’

MichaelJ

Zealand Road is open, and I’ve heard that the Zealand Trail and the Twinway up to the ridge are all in good shape post-Irene.

Johnskiismore

Thank you for that update! I was starting to wonder considering the damage we have up here!

bandguy

Hello to the team. I have a long drive to get to Zealand, so I would come up the day before. Do we have enough people to carry equipment up? I was planning on going to the Bonds on Sat., meeting the team on Sun., and helping with equipment on the way out. Let me know. I can change my plans. I am very excited to participate and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Anonymous

John,

What items will we be carrying? Could I get them on Saturday? so a few of the slower hiker in our group can get on the trail at 5:30. I plan on hiking the Kinsman tomorrow and could arrange a time that we could meet.

Hank
                      VTROOSTER
                      802-316-1584

Johnskiismore

Hank,

I will give you a call, honestly there isn’t that much equipment to bring up so I think we’ll be all set. But, there is going down that we can use some help. Have fun on Kinsman, did that on Tuesday, great hike!

Bandguy, I did send you a reply. If you can’t meet us at the trail head, would be great to meet you up there and you can help on the way down!

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

John

bandguy

Will travel in on Sat. and will meet you Sun. on Bond. Will have my 18 year old son Matt with me. Our first real hike in the “Whites” together. I am looking forward to this.
                          Geoff

jack rabbit slim

We have 8 in our group and a few are slower as Hank stated. we will have cars dropped at Lincoln woods and can carry out whatever you need but will have to possibly meet up after the traverse is finished. I
                            am excited to participate
                            :flag:

jack rabbit slim

What a great day. can’t wait to do it again. It was a pleasure meeting you John and K2. we’ll definately have to hit the trails again soon. ty

dan

:flag:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • The forum ‘2011 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.