Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Barkley’s ashes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
      #48091 |

I just found out about flags in Backpacker a couple days ago. K9 Barkley was my partner for 10 years after I rescued him from a kill shelter. We searched the first week at the WTC in 12 hour shifts. He helped find 7 souls. He was awesome. He died 18 months later of multiple types of cancer. I have been saving his ashes for a special place. I would be honored to be able to join one of the flag groups to leave his ashes on one of the peaks during this event. K9 Lizzie took over after his death. She worked her heart out at hurricane Katrina. She died of old age when she was 15. I would love to leave them both on the mountain. Please respond if we can join your group. Thank you

Chris

We’d be honored to have you on Monroe if you haven’t found a peak yet. We’ll even have some musicians there so that may add to your memorial.

Thanks,
        Chris

raven

I can say the same for us on Waumbek – we’d welcome and be honored with the company, as would anyone here I imagine.

If you’d like to join, we’re hiking Mt. Waumbek which is a nice hike through lovely woods with a couple nice views, but I have to say IMO Chris’s offer of Mount Monroe will take you to a much more majestic place.

Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.