Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Planning Meeting Agenda for get-together

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
      #46827 |

Don’t get alarmed… I’m not trying to schedule a minute-by-minute conference here, I just want to create a comprehensive list of things to discuss when we meet. I’d suspect that there will be beween 9 and 15 of us.

Go ahead and add your thoughts to the thread… I’ll add an item to the list.

To be dicussed:
      - sign-up process (The8re willing to manage again this year)
      - automated
      - sign-up packet
      - peak coordinator contact info
      - flagpole ideas
      - short event history
      - meeting places pre/post event
      - picture reminder, gallery post instructions
      - thank you note
      - 100% coverage
      - Peak Coordinators
      - rate peaks by difficulty
      - "on-call" team
      - publicity
      - business cards/handouts
      - signup flyers
      - on-site event flyers
      - post-event gathering
      - weekend event
      - gathering place
      - campground sponsor?
      - Friday gathering to iron out kinks
      - weather contingency/rain-date
      - documenting the event
      - patches
      - non-hiker participation
      - flag/pole donation
      - reserved accessable peaks (Cannon, Wildcat, Washington)
      - White Mountains Veteran's group?
      -Kickoff date
      - July 4?
      - publicity
      - flyers
      -Pedxing
      MtnMagic

Isn’t the kickoff date June 26 at Hancock campground as decided in our 2 polls?!

MichaelJ

I think it means that July 4th is the kickoff of our publicity and signups and such.

Stephen

@MtnMagic wrote:

Isn’t the kickoff date June 26 at Hancock campground as decided in our 2 polls?!

As I understand it, the june 26 date is the planning date. The July 4 date is the official publicity kickoff and the start of signups.

But that, of course, is open to discussion! Should I put it on the agenda? 😆

-T

Jaytrek57

Not to be a doomsayer….and don’t know if it has been covered.

We should really discuss Sunday as an alternate date (weather). Not so much for scheduling…but how this event handles it. Not sure I am explaining this right. Let me try again.

Events/gatherings what have you, lose initiative if they don’t plan for the unexpected. People crave/love to know as much information as possible. In the rare instance that there is lightning storms/meteors, whatever reason a large majority can not hike that day, I think having a plan, even a small one is crucial, especially for the following years (outreach).

I think this is a SMALL issue in the overall scheme of things and 99.9 times out of 100 we will have at least adequate weather……but…

I love logistics!!
              😛

SilentCal

We’ve been lucky the weatherman has been kind to us the last two years. Having a contingency plan would be a good topic to discuss. Is this meeting open to anyone? We met a couple during last years event and kept in touch via e-mail and they would like to participate this year. I think it would be a good idea to have some folks that never took part and get some of their opinions.

Stephen

@Jaytrek57 wrote:

Not to be a doomsayer….and don’t know if it has been covered.

We should really discuss Sunday as an alternate date (weather). Not so much for scheduling…but how this event handles it. Not sure I am explaining this right. Let me try again.

Events/gatherings what have you, lose initiative if they don’t plan for the unexpected. People crave/love to know as much information as possible. In the rare instance that there is lightning storms/meteors, whatever reason a large majority can not hike that day, I think having a plan, even a small one is crucial, especially for the following years (outreach).

I think this is a SMALL issue in the overall scheme of things and 99.9 times out of 100 we will have at least adequate weather……but…

I love logistics!!
                  😛

Added to the list.

-T

MtnMagic

I think two or three or more contingency plans are perfect.

Yes, I think everyone who is sincere should be invited.

Heck, be certain to dodge those meteorites!

And Ghostdog, Sky, and I will get set to be the sargent of arms. Just in case we really need it!
                    🙂

salida

Alright I’m a newby here as of December what is this get together you guys are all talking about

Greg

@salida wrote:

Alright I’m a newby here as of December what is this get together you guys are all talking about

Have a look at these two pages:

http://flags.alpinezone.com/history.htm
                        http://flags.alpinezone.com/q&a.htm

If you still have questions, ask away…

brianM

hello,

I flagged Eisenhower in 2003, and would love to have a more active role in this year’s event. When recently I saw some of the posts for initial planning the 04 event, I thought I’d post to volunteer my help. Of course I plan on being on top of one of the 48 on 9/11/04, but let me know if I can help out as a peak coordinator, pre-hike-flyer-poster, recruiter, post-hike-party-planner, or wherever needed. Thanks!

Brian

SilentCal

Just curious, will we have a sign-up for who is going to the planning meeting or will it be just whomever shows up.

Stephen

@SilentCal wrote:

Just curious, will we have a sign-up for who is going to the planning meeting or will it be just whomever shows up.

Let’s nail down the date… then I’ll be happy to volunteer to pick up the logistics from there.

-T

SilentCal

I’d like to add that we do something for Pedxing who was injured in a fire. I believe he particpated in this event both years and since he was a fellow hiker to many of us we should try our best to lift his spirits during his recovery. I’m not sure what to do but it’s something we can discuss.
                                Get well soon Dave!

Stephen

@SilentCal wrote:

I’d like to add that we do something for Pedxing who was injured in a fire. I believe he particpated in this event both years and since he was a fellow hiker to many of us we should try our best to lift his spirits during his recovery. I’m not sure what to do but it’s something we can discuss.
                                  Get well soon Dave!

Added.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • The topic ‘Agenda for get-together’ is closed to new replies.