Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
      #47869 |

We will meet at Lowe’s Store on Route 2 at 7:00 am and take the Lowe’s Path to the summit of Mount Adams.

The 28th edition of the AMC Mountain Guide describes Lowe’s Path as “…perhaps the easiest way to climb Mt. Adams, with moderate grades, good footing and excellent views, but it still has considerable exposure to weather in the part above treeline.” Book time to the summit is about 4 and a half hours giving us about 30 minutes to set up the pole and flag by noon.

I will bring two flags: 1) a large garrison size flag (6′ x 10′) and a smaller 3x 5′ if winds are high, and 100′ of shroud line (to support the pole.)

Puck will be bringing the pole: a PVC schedule 40 plumbing pipe pole. Suggestions and other arrangements for a pole are welcome.

Adams has a scree/talus summit, some 1′-3′ foot aluminum poles might serve well as anchors for the shroud lines (pole support lines)

Contact info:
      John Messinger (peak coordinator)
      email jmmdds@roadrunner.com
      cell phone: 603-707-9685
      home: 603-536-4076

tfr

@Paradox wrote:

Adams has a scree/talus summit, some 1′-3′ foot aluminum poles might serve well as anchors for the shroud lines (pole support lines)

John, Laurie and I can bring some aluminum poles.

Puck

:00 at Lowes sounds fine. I see byt he post the PCV pole I have with assorted hardware will work. I made it for a 3×5 flag…We will have to arrange something else if you want to make a demonstration to Vice-Admiral Sir Alexander Cochrane with that huge flag of yours

Paradox

@Puck wrote:

We will have to arrange something else if you want to make a demonstration to Vice-Admiral Sir Alexander Cochrane with that huge flag of yours

I think it is high time we taught that gangster some manners! :flag:

Toward that end, I purchased a 6′ => 12′ fiberglass painting pole and a 10′ length of 1.5″ PVC sch 40 plumbing pipe.

Hence, we will need more 3/16″ or 1/4″ line (rope) for the shroud lines.

Puck
              “Paradox wrote:
              Hence, we will need more 3/16″ or 1/4″ line (rope) for the shroud lines.

I got ythe line covered.

Paradox

Could Scout 6, & David Pinals please contact me. I noticed that both of you have signed up for other peaks.

John Messinger
                email: jmmdds@roadrunner.com
                cell: 603-707-9685

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • The forum ‘2010 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.