Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
      #46983 |

3 Days until the event.

Press releases are out. (Have already been contacted by 2 newspapers)

47 out of 48 peaks are verified.

All 48 peaks are claimed.

Remember to pack your cameras, journals, and summit signs!

-Stephen

SilentCal

With all the rain we’ve been having, take extra caution on all the stream crossings. Expect some really muddy trails, so maybe an extra pair of dry socks might not be a bad idea to throw into your pack.

Greg

@SilentCal wrote:

With all the rain we’ve been having, take extra caution on all the stream crossings.

I was particularly concerned about this earlier in the week as we’ll be backpacking into the Pemi tomorrow, but I think we’ll be okay. The area has been pretty dry the past weeks, and we didn’t see the 12″ rainfall like the southern Appalachians did. Looks like the heaviest of the rain is on the way out. Hopefully this will leave a nice sunny and perhaps breezy day for Saturday.

ada4001

Yea I’m sure the crossings to Isolation
            are going to be high going to bring my tevas
            in case wading across is the wiser move.
            the weather on wunderground.com is looking good for saturday sunny 8) 8) :flag:

TenPeaks

“Remember to pack your cameras, journals, and summit signs!”

Let’s not forget the flags either! I seriously had a dream the other night that I was standing on my summit and forgot my flag. I was making frantic calls on my cell phone to a couple of friends who were going to meet me on top. I woke up before either arrived with a flag.

The next morning I stuffed my flag into my backpack.

ada4001

Thats quite a dream the flag is packed inside of my pack also. Along with to copies of the summit sign in case I loose one.

Isolation-2004 :flag:

MichaelJ

Flag, pole, rope, pins, camera, journal & pen, cards, fleece, tarp, they’re all loaded.

Ouch. Heavy pack.
                  🙂

Outtabreath

I’ve packed a generator to power the fan, just in case there is no wind at the top of Hale. I want Old Glory in all her glory! Have a safe hike everyone. 😀

:flag: :flag: :beer:

shadowband

I was a spectator on Lincoln in 2002, part of team Flume in 2003, and this year I’ll be taking the family up to Cannon (via the tramway 😉 ). We’ll try to spot the “local” flags.

Best of luck to you all!

Dirt

flag is packed, pole is set, energy is high, and weather is forecasting SUN. good luck to everyone, safe hiking, happy trails from wildcat D. :flag:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.