1. All Peak Coordinators Please create a report for your peak under the “Trips and Routes” folder for 2019. Please include which trail head you intend to use, Your start time, and any requests of assistance that you might need. Assistance could mean help with carrying sections of your flagpole, bringing up extra water, flagpole setup at the summit and the like.
2. Please keep an eye on the weather forecast for the day. Pack the gear that you may need accordingly.
3. Remember this is a Leave No Trace event! Any scraps of guyline, food wrappers must be hiked Out. Any rocks you displace, please return them to their original position.
4. Look out for one another out there. I would rather not see the flag make the summit than hear than someone got injured during the event. Should an injury happen to a team member, The flag mission is to be dropped and getting the injured hikers out becomes the utmost priority.
5. Remember why we are out there. It’s a memorial hike. Folks may ask why the flags are out so please be ambassadors of the event.