Forums 2006 Flags on the 48 2006 Post-Event Gathering 2006 Post Event Gathering Thoughts

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

@MichaelJ wrote:

I’m just thinking about recharging my camera. With my new lenses, I plan to take a LOT of pictures this year. The 500mm reflex lens should easily pick up flags from across the Pemi.

I’m going to try to be at Tom this year. Does anyone recall if there are good views of other peaks from there? Should I bring the 300mm lens or skip it? Last year, I got some good pics from North Twin.

http://forums.flagsonthe48.org/modules.php?set_albumName=NTwin2005&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Sherpa John

TFR..

You get a magnificent view of the Pemigewasset Wilderness from Tom. You can see Carrigain, the Hancocks, Bondcliff, Bond, Guyot (not an official 4K), South Twin, Zealand and Hale. I think thats all of em. Bring the big lens!

I vote we have a major post gathering at the KOA.

MtnMagic

@SherpaJohn wrote:

I vote we have a major post event gathering at the KOA.

I second that motion, suggest up to a 300 person limit. This will be the best year yet. You will see! Woo-hoo, right on brothers and sisters!!

MichaelJ

There are two viewpoints on Tom. At the “true” summit, you look at the Pemi and the Twins. At the other side, up towards the Presidentials.

Presie view
            Pemi view

MtnMagic

@MichaelJ wrote:

There are two viewpoints on Tom. At the “true” summit, you look at the Pemi and the Twins. At the other side, up towards the Presidentials.

What about the view from the top or the cairn?! You must have posted this here when you meant to post it on another site. Are you thinking of unadogger, again!
              😀

After thinking it over for months, I still like the KOA + camping afterwards.

MichaelJ

Not at all! The question posed was “I’m going to try to be at Tom this year. Does anyone recall if there are good views of other peaks from there?” and I answered!
                🙂

chip

Which KOA are you referring to ? I see all 3 in the area have pools that close around that time. Whoever speaks to the camp ground could ask if they can keep the pool open through the 10th if they’ll be that many of us there for the weekend.

:flag:

chip

Okay, I got it; Broken Branch is Woodstock. It appears their pool is scheduled to close on the 10th. Never mind. 😳

TrekMan

@SilentCal wrote:

With the event being a Saturday this year, I think people may hang out for the weekend and not return home until Sunday if can make the post-gathering appealing enough for them to go to. Granted I know some folks will not camp and others will want a sit down resteraunt type meal. I have a goofy vision but here goes.

Just an idea

For those wanting the sit-down dining with choices, I have been to Truant’s Tavern right at the main intersection of North Woodstock – good burgers and fries as well as salads etc.

MtnMagic

Wow! Since living in the North Country for 22 years, I’ve stopped in at Truant’s but have not had a burger there yet. Time to have one, or two. Great idea Trekman!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • The forum ‘2006 Post-Event Gathering’ is closed to new topics and replies.