Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Signups & Status Signups for 2005 Reply To: Signups for 2005

Jaytrek57

Frodo raises some valid points.

I like more structure with the ability to be flexible. Boy is that gray or what. 😉

I would be curious to know if the ones that felt snubbed have sought out the crews that have signed up for the peak already and asked if they could help/participate? Have they responded to the “on call” thread?

Just being honest here. Part of me would be upset if I hike a peak with the understanding that my crew’s responsibility is to raise the flag there only to find a flag already flying from another crew. This would probably last all of 12.5 seconds till I meet and greet that crew. I would be further upset, if say a few other peaks weren’t covered that day and perhaps my being or that crew being on-call could have helped remedied that.

Perhaps a peak is not taken till a total of ten sign-up for it? This would allow multiple crews and individuals to sign-up for them. Perhaps somehow forwarding email addresses automatically so those folks can do some planning (flagpoles/meeting times/car pools).

I strongly believe there is room for all. How we all get there is what healthy discussions are for. Boy
. conversations at the bar are going to be great. Don’t forget
I like Guinness! :beer: