Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
      #47656 |

Hi Gary,
      Just checking in on behalf of myself, Peter, and Captain Whitney. This will be the 5th year our family has participated in FOT48.

We will be hiking from the Tripoli Rd side. If you need help carrying anything up, let us know.

Hoping for good weather this year!

Scoutmaster

Hi Gram,

Welcome aboard! You and your crew will be hiking with Fools. We will be going up from Tripoli Road also. I’ll post a starting time at a later date.

Flag pole used during the past two years has been discarded. We’re coming up with a new design. Hopefully before Labor Day. 😀

gram

Hmmmm…. Hiking with Fools? Our group should fit right in!

Let us know what time you will starting your hike, and what time you will be raising the flag. We are 5 adults and a 4 year old ( maybe!).

As we have done in previous years, we’ll probably put together a poster for the event – as that’s the way we are.

Scoutmaster

Greetings,

mcRat will be leading this adventure this year. While hiking on 8/31/08, my knee tighten up after getting bsck to the cars. I visited the Doctor yesterday and there pretty sure I have tenonitis in my left knee. I’ve started taking pills and hope this is cured before the end of September. Have a great day.

gram

Scoutmaster – sorry to hear of your injury, hope it’s short-lived!

McRat – our group of 5 is set to go! I’ve made a poster with the FOT48 logo, mission statement, and pics of prior events that I will bring. Let us know if you need help in any other way.

Can you tell us what time you will be raising the flag? We want to be sure to be there by that time.

McRat

Glad to hear we still have a crew. :flag:

We’re planning on starting up from the trailhead around 9:00am to give us plenty of time – with hopes of having the flag up from 12-3pm.

We’ll be working on the flagpole rig tonight. I’ll post if it looks like we’ll need help lugging it up.

gram

We’re heading up Friday AM, staying in Waterville Valley Fri and Sat nights.

So let us know tomorrow – Thurs – if you need any help in carrying stuff and we can make a plan.

Good luck with the rigging. Some of us did Cannon last year – the first year we were responsible for the flag. It was a tad windy on top of Cannon. The pole bent, but held!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘2008 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.