Forums 2014 Flags on the 48 2014 Trips & Routes Eisenhower

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
      #48294 |

Attention Eisenhower hikers!

We are quickly approaching our Flags weekend and I am looking forward to seeing all of you.

Hiking details below.

If you have any questions, please message me and I will respond as soon as possible.

See you at the trail head!

Joe

2010—Flume
      2011—Osceola
      2012—Jackson
      2013—Carter Dome
      2014—Eisenhower

Driving Directions via Rt 93 from southern NH:

Take Rt. 93 North thru the Franconia Notch.
      Exit 35 onto Rt 3 towards Twin Mountain.
      At traffic light in Twin Mountain, turn RIGHT onto Rt 302 south.
      Proceed on 302 past Bretton Woods Ski area on right, then past Mt. Washington Hotel on left.
      Continue on 302. Turn LEFT onto Mt. Clinton Road. (If you reach the AMC Highland Center on your right, you’ve gone too far)
      Go 3.2 miles on Mt. Clinton Road. The Mt. Eisenhower parking/trailhead is on the right side, marked by a hiking sign.

Hiking Route & Info:
      Hike leaves at 8:00 AM. from trailhead parking area. For those of you who might need additional time, I would advise a 7:30 head start.

Take Edmunds Path to the Mt. Eisenhower Loop junction (2.9 mi. ~2 hr. 40 min.)
      Turn on to Mt. Eisenhower Loop Junction, which goes 0.7 mi. directly to the summit of Eisenhower. (avoid getting on the Crawford path)
      There is significant exposure on this hike. Be sure to pack extra clothing layers, as well as a warm cap and gloves.

A rocky, sparse summit. We are going to be packing our 25-30′ pole along with some extra guy lines, anchor stakes, etc. Should be a good challenge!

wrentham98

Joe, Troop 131 Wrentham will be joining you at the trailhead. We will likely get started at 7:30 per your advice. See you at the summit. Regards, Alan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The forum ‘2014 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.