Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
      #48202 |

Hello TMax and Topofgothics,

I had decided last spring that I wanted to hike Mount Cabot for FOT48, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that you two had already signed up for it. I’m looking forward to hiking with you again.

I’ve been assuming that we would climb from the fish hatchery up York Pond Trail, Bunnell Notch Trail, and Kilkenny Ridge Trail. We could meet up at 7:45–if we leave when the gate opens at 8:00 we should be able to get the flag set up by noon (unless your knee is still bothering you, TMax). If you have other ideas, let me know.

I will bring my little grill and hot dogs again. TMax, if you would like to cook something else, you’re welcome to use the grill.

Regards,

Bob

kathy

When I was there last the gate was open earlier than 8. 7 IIRC. Others might be able to confirm this but I think it is often open earlier, and may be sometimes left open.

Thought I would pass this along in case your plans were limited by the 8:00 start time.

Peace

BobSaidi

Thanks, Kathy. Book time by that route is 3:45, so we might need a little more time to have the flag set up by noon. I’ll call the hatchery after I hear from the others, or if anyone else signs up for this peak.

Bob

Tmax

Hi Bob!

My knees have been OK but mostly because I haven’t been hiking 😕 So I’ll still be slow! Topofgothics and I will be heading up the Mt. Cabot Trail bright and early… the plan is to be hiking by 7:00.

Terri

BobSaidi

I’m going to stick to the eastern approach. I’ll see you at the top a little before noon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘2013 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.