Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion Time to start the Thank You’s… Reply To: Time to start the Thank You’s…

Max

I’ll second what Silent Cal said about the impetus supplied by Grizzlymama’s negativity. I would have flown a flag from a summit in a raging downpour and not thought twice about it. I can’t begin to imagine the hell that the families of victims will go through for the rest of their lives. If all this makes even one person feel a little comfort, it was worth it.

I wish my wife and I could have hung around the Mooseland Grill a little longer. But it was nice to meet those that where there early. Thanks to all the participants for being part of the day. Damn, this is a great bunch of folks hanging around on this site…if you can’t find friends among this crowd, there is no hope for you!

Thanks especially to Greg and Stephen and Frodo for all the work you guys did in preparation. My taking a few hours to climb a peak I’d probably climb anyway really pales in comparison. Let’s make this really big next year. I met lots of people on Cannon who had heard of this event…it is going to keep growing and it’s up to all of us to not become complacent. Being somewhat hardcore, I’m already planning to take a more obscure peak next year.