Forums 2004 FOT48 Information Archive 2004 Signups & Status Peak count (2003) Reply To: Peak count (2003)

Frodo

Peak Name: Jefferson
    # of people in party: 5
    Short description of rigging and pole system: 15 foot long, 2″ dia PVC cut into (3) 5′ sections. Each joint supported with (4) 18″ long steel rods fastened with duct tape. Multiple nylon guy lines.
    Any suggestion on improvements/changes for next year (optional): Post flyers at visitor centers, huts, Highland center, Pinkham, Trailheads, REI, EMS, any other hiking related store that will allow it, 2 months in advance. Organize trips thru hiking clubs. I know a few AMC trip leaders and I will try and see if they will run a few trips next Sept 11th. Keep the word of mouth going over the next year. Over the winter/spring it would be great if an article or 2 were published in an Outdoor magazine like AMC Outdoors, Appalachia, Backpacker, etc. I plan on contacting Mike Lanza who writes for several of those. I will also contact Katherine Wroth and Madeleine Eno who write for AMC Outdoors. Lets all work hard and make next year even more special…