Forums Flags on the 48 Information General Discussion The Mission Statement Reply To: The Mission Statement

giffordpinchot

“On September 11th, 2001 the consciousness of United States of America was inexorably altered by an unprovoked and unconscionable act of terrorism so far reaching in its scope, that our country will not soon heal from this wound so brutally inflicted upon us by a senseless act of barbarism. Thousands of innocent lives were lost in a fleeting moment as families only now try to piece together their shattered lives and return to some semblance of normalcy.

We in the hiking community would like to honor those fallen heroes by flying the American flag atop of all 48 four thousand foot and greater mountains in New Hampshire next September 14th, in conjunction with the observance of National Remembrance Day. By demonstrating our steadfast unity as Americans and as hikers, we hope to express our unwavering support to the families and to the communities whose losses are beyond our comprehension and whose sacrifices will forever remain in our hearts.”

I think the first sentence is redundant..i would cut it after “wound”

also, i would say “unity as americans and as a hiking community…”

other than that, i think it’s great…

IMHO
    spencer