Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
      #46884 |

Has anyone ever thought of having t- shirts
      made up supporting this event. Just wanted some feed back I’m ready for Isolation and checking it out probaly will use the summit cairn and guy wires unless anyone has any better ideas ada4001 😀 😀

MichaelJ

In the past we did the patches, since they’re always popular with hikers who sew them onto their packs and were very cheap. Since we have a logo designed, I imagine a t-shirt would not be hard to come up with, but I’d imagine we’d want a good committment of people willing to pay for them prior to any kind of order going out.

NH_Mtn_Hiker

The t-shirts would be fine if they came in 100% polyester, or something similar. I doubt many hikers, especially those who understand the evils of cotton, would want to wear cotton t-shirts on mountain trails. :flag:

Jaytrek57

Ummm..

I would love a shirt…cotton or otherwise.

I, for one, wear cotton shirts, on occasions in the mountains…especially in summer. Cotton is not evil…WET cotton on the other hand in cold temperatures is the anti-christ. 😉

NH_Mtn_Hiker

“WET cotton on the other hand in cold temperatures is the anti-christ.”

That’s what I meant… Of course, it wouldn’t be so bad if the weather in the White’s was a little more reliable. 😀

Greg

We could always use CafePress for a free (in terms of set up costs) alternative. With CP, there is a base price per item, but you can increase that and proceeds could be used to support the site.

I think they only have cotton Tee-shirts and they are rather expensive (the recover all set up costs through the per item price), but it’s a pretty simple option…

Jaytrek57

Doesn’t everyone have a T-Shirt guy?

I run a B&G club and have one…would be happy to get something together if there was a demand. Cost would be…minimal…like I said..he’s my T-Shirt guy.

I was planning to outdo the bandanas from last year…perhaps I can put an order together for about 60 shirts and see what happens at the bar. T-shirts would cost, at cost?

If anyone else wants to have at this…by all means. I have ordered 100’s of different t-shirts over the years…and would incorporate the FOTF design…in a nutshell…they will loook good and will be instant collectors items!

I can stop by his office today.

http://www.collegehype.com/

let me know.

SilentCal

T-shirts would be a great idea. Dispersing them at the Mooseland would be cool as someone would have something tangible to take home. I was thinking of doing something similar and will keep it a secret. 😀 Anyways if it’s done at cost, How about when people sign up for the mooseland we can also have them peg how many shirts they would like. Then they could be paid for at the Grill. does that make sense?
                    Dry cotton = 😛
                    Wet cotton = :angry:

Jaytrek57

Alright here’s the dilly-yo, wait a second, I’m home and not at the club. Here’s the scoop….although my kids I work with would be proud of my use of slang!

I’m going to get a bunch of T-Shirts done. 72 to be exact. Cost will be at cost and distribution will be at the Mooseland when my crew arrives.

WHEN I run out, I am happy to take orders via email the following week. Every time the order goes over 12 I will have them available in a week. At the Mooseland, sizes will range, but count on plenty of options. Especially XL, XXL and dare I say…XXXL?

The design(s) are much (exactly) like the patches Frodo got last year….and incorporate the mission statement. The one for last year. Sorry, that’s all I had on hand.

Truth be told I was doing T-shirts this year for distribution at the Mooseland and to avoid doubling up as it were, I can let it be known now. Damn it…it was going to be a surprise!! 😥

I would rather not take orders now…to some this would make some sense, but I have done this type of thing before…and to me at least…logistically…this is the way to go. Also input on design…while appreciated…in the interest of time constraints…well…believe me… you will be happy.

If anyone, and I do me anyone wants to take this on…I say “Go for it”. It is not in my nature to step on toes, go above my station or anything like that.

This event is very special to me as I am sure all of you. I have told this story before…My wife and I were in the backcountry of Olympia NP and did not find out about the tragedy till 3 full days after the fact.

Taking on logisics for T-shirts is the least I can do.

Peace.

Frodo

Jaytrek57,

You da man! :beer: I bet you leave the Mooseland with little or no shirts left… The 100 patches last year were gone in days…

My soon to be 10 year old daughter is participating again this year. Any chance that any “small” sizes will be availiable?

Jaytrek57

T-shirts are ordered. :flag:

I ordered 72 at a total of 9.87 a shirt. Total cost 710.00. If you remove one shirt from the mix and make it 71 the price per shirt is an even $10.00…that is what I am going to do. Design….well…that is a surprise.

Please order AFTER the event if you so choose. See previous post(s).

I also nominate Greg to receive the 72nd shirt. All in favor say I (I,I,I,I,I,I,I). The I’s have it! 😛

See you at the Mooseland. I’ll be there around 6-6:30pm.

PS Frodo….I got some smaller sizes as well…

Greg

@Jaytrek57 wrote:

I also nominate Greg to receive the 72nd shirt. All in favor say I (I,I,I,I,I,I,I). The I’s have it! 😛

Thanks, but Stephen was probably more instrumental in getting this year’s event to where it is so give it to him. I just frosted the cake, but he baked it…

I more than likely won’t be at the Mooseland so I’ll wait for the post-event period to order a couple.

Jaytrek57

Got that covered already Greg.

Geez…..this board hates surprises! 🙂

SilentCal

Jaytrek You the man! thanks for taking on this part of the project. :flag:

MtnMagic

What a wonderful idea and bona fide gesture. A high five.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.