Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Signups & Status Wow, 3/4 of the way already

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

A helium tank has been hiked to the summit of Moosilauke before … George Fitch hiked one up for Sarah’s (Sherpa John’s fiancee) 48th.

Hmm …. 13-18lbs wouldn’t be bad, actually. End up with about a 30lb pack, it’d be just like backpacking.

Woo-hoo … West Bond has been claimed!

I’m still surprised nobody’s on the Hancocks. Well, one of the Hancocks, anyway.

Stephen

@SilentCal wrote:

Any word on the fourth boy scout troop, Stephen???

Not going to make it. Their first organized meeting of the year isn’t until Sept. 8. But they are going to work on it for next year.

However, their contact has signed up to take Willey, so they will be indirectly involved. 🙂

-Stephen

smitty77

@Greg wrote:

Not sure if we’re going to man a peak this year or plan a hike along a ridge and try to hit a few peaks.

If I don’t bring the family along, I may also do the same thing. I’m trying to convince Max to go again this year, but he mentioned he may have some silly triathalon that weekend. 😉

Smitty

Stephen

@smitty77 wrote:

…but he mentioned he may have some silly triathalon that weekend. 😉

Smitty

This IS a triathalon.

Hike 8)
            Plant :flag:
            Drink :beer:

-Stephen

Puck

I am down for for Osceola there is also the CT Trampers who are well equiped (Flag, pole etc) veterans of the event. If nobody takes E Osceola my son, Gorpburb and I could cover it if there are no takers.

Think of it; a two hour vigil on a woodedpeak with a flag and my son….

Stephen

@Puck wrote:

I am down for for Osceola there is also the CT Trampers who are well equiped (Flag, pole etc) veterans of the event. If nobody takes E Osceola my son, Gorpburb and I could cover it if there are no takers.

Think of it; a two hour vigil on a woodedpeak with a flag and my son….

You may find people actually stop on E. Osceola for a bit rather than moving right on to Osceola.

-Stephen

SilentCal

Perhaps we should let this contact know where the other scout troops are staying in case they would like to swap information and ideas.
                  Thanks for the gesture Puck!!! But realize that we have some 50 plus days until the event. With the amount of publicity that is out there, I’m sure they will be accounted for. The people that take those last couple peaks are the true heroes of this event. I think we should let the person who signs up for the last peak, get the first choice the year after. Watch those CTtrampers! They always have an awesome display!

Greg

@smitty77 wrote:

@Greg wrote:

Not sure if we’re going to man a peak this year or plan a hike along a ridge and try to hit a few peaks.

If I don’t bring the family along, I may also do the same thing.

Yeah – lots going on with home life lately, so I figure this is the best approach. I wouldn’t want to claim a peak unless I could commit to it. It seems like we have plenty of coverage this year and I don’t have a problem letting others pick up a peak. May hang out on the Crawford Path or Franconia Ridge that day…

snowball42

@SilentCal wrote:

37 out of 45! I’m also surprised we have no outing clubs or high schools groups this year. Any word on the fourth boy scout troop, Stephen???

Members of the Chester Academy Outing Club will be manning Carter Dome this year. I just haven’t added them to the list yet! Hopefully with a few more this year not having to trek to Owls Head. Can’t wait!

-Nate

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • The forum ‘2005 Signups & Status’ is closed to new topics and replies.