Forums 2007 Flags on the 48 2007 Signups & Status weather report

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
      #47577 |

Looks like rain and possibly some boomers this year… bummer 🙁
      This event has been blessed with good weather since its inception in 2002 – It’s been a great run.

vpalango

Trying to stay positive….

http://www.outdoors.org/recreation/tripplanner/go/pinkham-washington-weather.cfm

This forcast calls for the posibility of showers late…. If this holds, from our group’s point of view we’ll make sure to start down perhaps a little early.

bikehikeskifish

@shadowband wrote:

Looks like rain and possibly some boomers this year… bummer 🙁
          This event has been blessed with good weather since its inception in 2002 – It’s been a great run.

Apparently, you were not on Franconia Ridge or at Owl’s Head last year.

Tim

TrekMan

I figure we are all water proof but maybe not lightning proof. Last year standing atop Flume with a 20 foot steel pole, we high-tailed 20 minutes early. No worries – we were there for a full 2 hours and the feeling was GOOD. Rain gear test if necessary this year, but I doubt it will be needed. Have a great hike day.
            -TrekMan
            :flag:

shadowband

@bikehikeskifish wrote:

Apparently, you were not on Franconia Ridge or at Owl’s Head last year.
              Tim

Actually, that was the only year that I missed the event.

Double Bow

Yup, last year on Franconia Ridge it was good most of the while we were up there and no one felt bad high-tailing it a touch early.

Kinda glad I’d doing a mostly wooded peak this year though!! 😉

chip

Anything can happen but NOAA indicates chances are higher after 2pm at this point. We may bump up the schedule to be on the summit from 11 to 1 or something like that if thunderstorms are predicted for the afternoon.

SilentCal

Certainly keep an eye on the weather. If thunderstorms are prevalant, Please no one risk your safety flying the flag. Get down off the summits if you feel that is the safest course of action.

Be sure to take pictures! :flag:

Brownie

From Mt Washington this morning (9/7)

Tomorrow: (Sat)
                      Mostly in the clouds w/ chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Highs: Around 60°F

Wind: W at 35-50 mph early decreasing to 20-35 mph w/ higher gusts possible

Hold on to your hat…AND your flag! :flag:

I’ll bet there will be passing cloud cover with some sun beaming in from time to time.
                      Good luck to all!

Brownie

Pucknuts

Sounds like it will be a great back-drop for some pictures.

Any chance the Warthogs will be out?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • The forum ‘2007 Signups & Status’ is closed to new topics and replies.