Forums 2005 Flags on the 48 2005 Trips & Routes Washington (At Last!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
      #47187 |

My husband, Jack, and I will be driving up the auto road. We plan on being at the summit shortly before noon, having the flag on the summit itself at exactly noon. We’re not planning on rigging it, given the number of tourist that will be crawling around the area on what is forecasted to be a sunny Sunday.

At some point, we’ll move the flag from the summit to the observation deck to see and be seen from the north, then move past the observatory itself to the top of the Gulfside trail for south/west viewing.

We can’t stay at the summit for the full two hours as my husband is recovering from surgery, and we have to rush south to make a flight home. I hope we can stay until at least 1 p.m.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at Broken Branch and others thru my zoom lens!

SilentCal

Thank You Periwinkle for taking this peak. I agree with your plan as the summit will be exceptionally crowded this weekend. Be sure to take some photos!

Thanks again

Periwinkle

@SilentCal wrote:

Thank You Periwinkle for taking this peak. I agree with your plan as the summit will be exceptionally crowded this weekend. Be sure to take some photos!

I’m glad to be doing this! Hiking wasn’t going to be possible this weekend, but at least now I’ll get to visit a peak. And I’m happy to be participating.

I will be taking lots of pictures, even pulling the old 35mm out of the mothballs so I can have a better zoom lens along. I’ll see how many Flags on the 48 I can photograph from the summit.

TrekMan

Be sure to point toward Moriah – hoping that the bigger 6×10 flag will show from the Presis.
            :flag:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘2005 Trips & Routes’ is closed to new topics and replies.