Forums Flags on the 48 Information Pictures UPDATED: How to post 2006 FOT48 Images

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
      #47206 |
      1. Register or Login to the forums if you haven’t already done so
      2. Go to the Gallery and click on the Album: 2006 Flags on the 48.
      3. Select the album corresponding to your peak. (It may be on a different page than the first.)
      4. Select add photos from the << admin options >> pull-down menu to upload images to your album. From the “Add Photos” window, be sure to select either Form (if uploading from your local computer) or URL (if uploading images from another Web site). You can try the Gallery Remote Applet option but it sometimes fails when the Gallery software is embedded in the forum software.
      5. Once the images are uploaded, you can change the captions by selecting “Edit Caption” from the drop-down list beneath each image. Selecting “Highlight Photo” will cause the respective image to be the one that highlights your nested album in the 2006 gallery.

If you need any other help, or if you experience any problems, please post here or PM me.

-Stephen

Stephen

I have added blank albums for all of the peaks. Creating the albums seemed to cause the most consternation for folks.

-Stephen

Chris

Good word: consternation. Last heard that on the SATs.

Brownie

Hello Stephen,
            I noticed that many of the new preloaded albums created by you do not have the “add a comment” feature enabled. Perhaps you intentionally did this or something else?
            I created our S Twin album and do not remember being prompted to allow this feature.
            It just worked automatically.
            I like being able to post comments to others photos, that’s a great feature. :flag:
            Maybe you can check it out.

Thanks,
            Brownie

EDIT: Never mind. When I log in I can add comments, however, my coworker was able to post a comment without being a member of site or logged in.
            I can read comments without log on, but can’t add one unless logged in.
            I am soo confused :blink:

TrekMan

I tried posting a picture and cannot see from directions of past years how to select Flume to add photos. Others uploaded seem also not to be within their peak categories. I don’t want to go through this process until it appears it’s working right.
              -TrekMan

Chris

Sorry Trekman, here’s what you have to do:

Make sure you’re logged in to the Forums
                Click over to the Gallery and click on the Title of your peak
                There will be a drop down on the right side of the page, just drop down to Add Photos
                There will be a popup the gives you a couple options, it’s probably best to choose the Form upload
                Upload your pics and give each a caption if you like!

Sherpa John

@Chris wrote:

Sorry Trekman, here’s what you have to do:

Make sure you’re logged in to the Forums
                  Click over to the Gallery and click on the Title of your peak
                  There will be a drop down on the right side of the page, just drop down to Add Photos
                  There will be a popup the gives you a couple options, it’s probably best to choose the Form upload
                  Upload your pics and give each a caption if you like!

WHAT?!

Ok… I’m logged in…
                  I click on 2006 Flags on the 48 – I’m now IN the Album and on Page 1
                  I click on the 4 because I know thats where my peak is.. and when I see it..
                  I click on Owls Head 2006.
                  (Note: there is a drop down menu BELOW my peaks album name on page 4. There is NO option here to add pics.)
                  Now on my Owls Head Album page.. there is NO drop down menu on the right just a drop down under photo’s all ready added (photos which I did not move to this album) and when I click MOVE on pictures I uploaded.. it says I cannot move them.

WTH IS GOING ON!!!!!! :angry:

Chris

Try again, the permissions needed to be adjusted

Sherpa John

SUCCESS! :flag:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

TrekMan

@Chris wrote:

Try again, the permissions needed to be adjusted

Thanks for the quick action Chris – I love to get the pics up right away so many can enjoy the views.
                        -TrekMan

Chris

And I love to see them! No problem.
                          :beer:

gram

I’m having trouble putting additional pictures on Jackson. I log in, get to Jackson in the Gallery, get the “Album Actions” drop down, click on Add Photos, but nothing happens.

I’ll admit I’m no computer whiz, so any help much appreciated!

Chris

Make sure you allow popups on the site, the upload form is within a popup window. If you’re still having problems, please let us know!

gram

I disabled my Norton Antivirus, so I would allow pop ups, but still can’t get the pop up window after clicking add photos..

I see someone else added some pics today to Jackson, so it must be my computer that’s acting up!

Thanks anyway, Chris!

Al

I am trying to download photos for N. Tripyramid.

I go through the steps, but keep getting a message saying that I am not allowed to perform that function.

Help! :flag:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.